Friday 16 April 2021

The art of kneeing (part 1)

When I posted the story about Alison, a CEO of a big company who defended from her harassing young boss using a well-placed knee, some of you were curious how I learned this famous technique of female self-defense. Soon after I started to write a post about it, I realized there is so much to tell and to explain that I decided to split this important and interesting topic into several separate posts. In this part I write about the class we got introduced into the art of kneeing. Here is how I recall it.

That session we expected Bob and Peter to come later because of some training they could not skip. To our surprise Linda appeared in the door with a net full of soccer balls.

Juggling a soccer ball is a good way
to initiate the training of kneeing
“Seems Linda have mixed up her classes, Laura whispered to my ears. We both chuckled as we knew she also assists in couching a female soccer team at the university. As always, she initiated the class with a little exercise. Girls, for today's warmup grab a ball and try juggling it with your thighs, she took one ball and showed us what she meant, “The best is to start like this. Toss the ball from the level of your shoulders, use your  thigh to bounce it straight up and catch it with your hands. After repeating this sequence at least ten times, try bouncing the ball twice without catching it with your hands, then three times and so on… At first, just with the same thigh, then try to alternate the thighs for a nice juggling experience.

After the demonstration of the basics, she showed us her professional skills. She was so good in it, almost like one famous soccer player in a commercial I saw some time ago. Needless to say, the very notable difference was her large breasts hopping in the rhythm of her perfect thigh-play.  

Most of us were doing this for the first time, so our performance was absolutely no match for the agility and elegance of Linda. Our failing efforts to tame the ball and keep it going where we wanted were accompanied by occasional (just girly:) cursing. After a couple of minutes, we were getting better and better an even I managed a nice string of uninterrupted touches before Linda ended this exercise by clapping her hands.

Quite tricky, isn’t it? Don’t worry, it takes a lot of time to practice. But I could see some of you are quite good at it,” she glanced at me, while she was saying that, so I felt a little bit proud for a moment. Now let’s have a chat about the topic of this session which is the knee strike,” she initiated the theoretical part.

We all sat down on mats around her. She took out her tablet from her backpack and surprised us by playing a movie clip. It was a scene of a well-known romantic drama from my country. I have seen it already several times, but honestly, not the best piece of cinematographic art. The film featured a young cocky guy from a rich higher-class family trying hard to win the heart of a beautiful village girl. However, she was only interested in a poor boy, a recruit sent to war. Well, a type of plot which always makes my grandma to cry.

A movie cliché with a lot of truth in it 
The scene Linda was playing depicted a moment when both protagonists accidentally appeared together in the woods. She was picking berries; he was hunting. He tried to take the advantage of the situation. Luckily, she ended his inappropriate advances by using a quick knee strike. He collapsed in pain and let her go. Her honor was saved, his testicles and machismo got hurt. I guess a lot. Linda stopped the clip and asked us what we think about it.

Kudos to her for defending from that asshole! Tania replied immediately.

Do not go to woods alone! Emma provided her original view,

Linda smiled to this a little bit naïve comment and explained us what she had on her mind, “This scene is a typical movie cliché, right? A woman resolves a dangerous situation by a knee to a mans testicles. But there is a lot of truth in it. It is a very instinctive response, hardwired in our female mindset, something like putting hands in front of you when you are falling. The female character was a simple poor village girl, for sure she did not have a privilege to attend such a fancy self defense course as you do. We all had to chuckle to this ironic remark.

“But still, she did what indeed works in such a situation, Linda then continued, “A knee strike to the testicles is a staple technique of female self defense. It comes very naturally. It can be used in various situations, from different positions and in a combination with other techniques. But unfortunately, this move is often shrouded in myths and horribly taught in most self-defense courses.” She paused for a moment and gazed at us with her dark eyes before she continued, “But girls, I want you to master the art of this technique. I’ll teach you a fail proof perfect knee as a deadly weapon of a woman. Just watch!  

The effectives of a knee can be nicely
demonstrated with two small unripe pears 
She got on her feet and took out a plastic bag with two small green pears from her backpack.  As I remember it was early fall, and these types of seasonal fruits were not fully ripe yet, so unfortunately, she could not offer us a health snack this time. She put the bag in the shorts of our ‘artificial’ kicking dummy and carefully positioned it inside, so it formed a realistically looking bulge. She straightened up and knee-stroke the area between the dummy’s legs. She put her hand inside the shorts, removed the bag and showed it to us. The pears were intact maybe little bit compressed to each other.

This was an example of a bad, random knee, she explained us, It would probably hurt and there is a good chance it will create an opportunity for you to escape, but it might not be sufficient to take down a highly determined attacker or an attacker on drugs. Now I show you the type of knee I teach.

She returned the bag in the shorts, got in a fighting stance, and forcefully kneed the dummy by a trio of fast and well-aimed strikes. Now she used her hips and hanged on the shoulders of the dummy. This time we could also hear an audible crunching sound. She fished out the bag from the dummy’s shorts and proudly showed us the outcome. The bag was now filled with mashed matter and the two pears were basically no longer recognizable. An odd way to make a pear puree, isn’t it? she said sarcastically while she dropped the mushy bag in the trash bin… To be continued.

23 comments:

  1. Looks like castration is up next as Linda's preferred outcome. Your female readers can hardly wait for the next post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one of the myriad of problems with your blog, and your approach/view of women's self-defense. That video clip from a movie depicts some guy standing directly in front of a woman, very close to her. He's speaking - no idea what he says. He reaches towards her slowly, and places his hands on either side of her face, then moves towards her for a kiss. She says nothing the entire time, nor does she take ANY action to move away from him. She then proceeds to knee him hard in the groin (testicles - everyone visiting this blog knows it's your favorite word, next to castration of course). There were ample opportunities for her to disengage from the interaction with the guy, but she took none. This is presented as an appropriate response to what this guy did, really Wendy? Men should start responding the same way. Any time a woman initiates a kiss that they don't want (yes, it happens in the real world), they should deliver the same kind of pain/agony to her as this guy was on the receiving end of in the video clip.

    I can say with a great deal of conviction that I am more than capable of seriously injuring/maiming/killing a female (or male) attacker. That doesn't mean that such a sledgehammer approach to self-defense is appropriate, warranted, or reasonable. It certainly appears that your pal Linda has a simmering dislike for men as well, which is manifested in the techniques she trains and promotes, as represented from the comments of hers you represent on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be maybe surprised but I can partially agree with you on this. I haven't seen this movie so I don't know what was going on in that scene. She might have been threatened verbally, it does not seems it was only because of a kiss attempt. If any of the readers know the move/scene just write it in the comments. Thanks.
      And please stop for once and for all that accusations of misandry because I advocate for effective self defense. Its really pathetic and I explained it already many times. Don't worry I am not going to kick you in the testicles just because we disagree on this blog. :)

      Delete
  3. You would also be surprised to know that I actually respect you for the passion you demonstrate in your beliefs and the effort you invest in helping women learn how to defend themselves. Please DO NOT fall off your chair when you read this- I'd miss my favorite blogger to argue (I mean discuss stuff) with... Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that was so sweet. I didn't know you angry boys can make such a nice compliment. I held tight to my chair so you wont lose your favorite opponent :)
      Wendy

      Delete
    2. Since I may have caught you in a conciliatory mood (fear not, I won't hold, you to it) I would like to close the divide between our views a little more by saying that I DO NOT support, condone, ignore, accept, agree with, etc., men assaulting, groping, touching without expressed/clearly implied consent any woman. We can debate other stuff, but let's be clear on my views on this.

      Delete
    3. Come on, I am always in a conciliatory mood. You boys are angry all the time. Nice to hear this opinion. So you should not be afraid you would be kicked in the testicles because of some inappropriate behavior towards women. :)

      Delete
    4. Afraid!! Who told you that we are afraid?!! you are dreaming. groin kick does not even hurt that much.

      Delete
    5. Well Wendy, as I've told you before, I have very good situational awareness, and am capable of defending myself-it's been a professional necessity. Not all women are rational, and women can and do respond inappropriately and excessively to unintentional, non-sexual trivial physical contact by a man by taking the action you refer to. I'll share a story with you. Years ago I was at a bar with a few people, one of which was celebrating graduating from university. I don't drink-at all. I was walking over to speak to someone I knew, and a minor ruckus of some sort started ahead of me as I proceeded to walk by that group of people. Some woman in that group tried to kick me in the balls (sorry- MY TESTICLES) I turned and her high heel actually sliced my leg through my pant leg - that hurt. If someone is going to assault me, they need to be prepared to go the distance. I'm pretty sure I broke both her arm and cheekbone - she crumpled. I would have sent her a further message, except that several people got between me and her, so I backed off.

      Do I 'expect' to ever get kicked in the testicles by a woman? No - why should I? That doesn't mean that some woman in the future won't try to do to again.

      Delete
    6. Look Evan, may I call you like this I already lost the track who is who. I am truly sorry what happened to you and you seem to be personally affected what happened and this is the reason you come to this blog. You should have never found this blog, the same for Troy the guy who got accidentally kicked at the university. I understand you suffering from these bad experiences and the rage it creates but this is not a forum to discuss these things. You completely missed the purpose of this blog. You are intelligent so please.

      Last words. This world is a cruel place, some women got raped even they could defend herself if they knew how, some kick random strangers in the bar. One cannot fix everything. You learned effective self defense but hate seeing others learning the same?

      Delete
    7. I'm curious, exactly what complexion of comments do you want (if any) from male readers of this blog? You make numerous references to men being unable to understand X because they are men - have you ever considered that the reverse may also be true? Many, many of your comments are intentionally inflammatory and demeaning towards men. You get away with saying these things, courtesy of the internet. It certainly seems as if all you want is for women to come here and comment, and with the unconstrained support of your female posters, your blog will gradually and enthusiastically descend into further depravity. Seriously Wendy, what's next? Castration, then penectomy I presume, then what? Best techniques to decapitate the guy that touches/grabs your backside?

      Delete
    8. Come on, I approved so many comments from you guys. I allowed you to express yourself on this blog and to show the world your immense rage but you would not allow me to comment on your blog or forum. Still I am defamed as a sadist, a misandrist, a comment filterer, a censor and I don't know what else. Maybe I am responsible for climate warming too, am I not? Look Canadian angry boys, pack your pathetic strawmen and your qualms about female self defense and go comment somewhere else.

      Delete
    9. Of course you're correct about everything and anything you post on your blog, just by the very fact that YOU posted it. There should be no constraints or accountability whatsoever placed on you, and you should have the right to promote any action or technique and call it a legitimate women's self-defense practice. At least that's what you think and most every woman visiting this blog, I'm sure.

      Why don't you put your beliefs to the test and contact Bob, Peter and your boyfriend and let them read this blog. Based on what you assert, none of them should have ANY problems with what you have done and what you have said, correct??

      Delete
    10. Great example of your pivoting/avoidance skills Wendy! A review of all the non-response responses to countless posts on your blog would say a lot about you!

      Delete
    11. If you're so confident that your loyal viewers would hold the same opinion as you do about all the posts you filtered, why don't you just post ALL of the responses you deleted? Let your viewers form their own opinions...

      Delete
    12. That's a good point maybe I'll do interview with Bob or Peter. Maybe that will change your mind.
      Why are you pivoting/avoiding my question why you do not want to provide me the same opportunity to comment on your blog/forum as I do for you?

      Delete
    13. I can answer you that question clearly.
      There are several reason.
      If a comment contains just a personal attack, vulgarism or hatred but not any point for a discussion I filter it.
      Many comments are just extremely repetitive without any point for discussion. We all already read that you think I am a sadist and support all goes approach of self defense. This was already discussed.
      And so on and so on.
      As you can see I do not filter comments just because they are 'dissenting'. These are the majority actually.


      Delete
  4. I think Linda must also take a course for men who have to defend themselves from her students :-))

    man101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell no! That would defy the purpose of our course! :)

      Delete
    2. I think Linda have no sex for a long time and it is a reason why she is evil.
      But i know how to make her happy. She could suck and ride my lollipop.

      Delete
    3. Be careful Serge what you wish for. Maybe sometimes she prefers to crush the lollipops instead :)

      Delete
  5. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GroinAttack
    https://bbdatabase.com/

    2 websites you might like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay, groin (I like rather testicle) kicks/knees are really a trope in movies, and not only those from Hollywood :) Wendy

      Delete